- sliced bananas into pastry shell; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed
- until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a
- time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Pour hot filling over bananas. Spread meringue evenly over hot
- filling, sealing edges to crust. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until the meringue is golden. Cool
- on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before
- serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 383 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.