Pineapple adds pizzazz to traditional coleslaw, introducing both color and sweetness. A fast side dish, it's sure to be in demand at your next barbecue. —Cheryl Dolan, Innerkip, Ontario
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- In a small bowl, combine the cabbage, carrot and pineapple. In
- another small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar; pour
- over pineapple mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 206 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.