Hawaiian Chicken Recipe
You can bring a taste of the tropics to your Christmas table with this flavorful entree. It's been the star of many special meals in our family. —Lois Miller, Watertown, South Dakota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1-3/4 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Pinch ground ginger
- 1. Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; drizzle with butter. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch and salt; stir in reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Add the ketchup, vinegar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and ginger. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over chicken.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for 30 minutes. Top with reserved pineapple; bake 15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and pineapple is heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC