Hawaiian Chicken Wings
"The slightly sweet sauce in this recipe makes it hard to stop munching these golden chicken wings," assures Carol Jones of Oregon City, Oregon.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 4 pound whole chicken wings
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. In a large
- plastic bag or shallow bowl, combine flour and salt. Add wings in
- small batches; toss to coat. In an electric skillet or deep-fat
- fryer, heat oil to 350°. Fry wings, a few at a time, until
- juices run clear, about 9 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, soy sauce, garlic, onion and jalapeno. Dip
- fried wings in sauce; serve immediately. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer