"The slightly sweet sauce in this recipe makes it hard to stop munching these golden chicken wings," assures Carol Jones of Oregon City, Oregon.
- 4 pound whole chicken wings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. In a large plastic bag or shallow bowl, combine flour and salt. Add wings in small batches; toss to coat. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 350°. Fry wings, a few at a time, until juices run clear, about 9 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, soy sauce, garlic, onion and jalapeno. Dip fried wings in sauce; serve immediately. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Hawaiian Chicken Wings in Taste of Home June/July 1998, p64
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Hawaiian Chicken Wings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review