My mom signed me up for cooking classes when I was in seventh grade. I've been hooked ever since! I only used fresh ingredients in this salad, which combines a number of tropical flavors.—Bob Wedemeyer, Lynnwood, Washington
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (16 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup salted cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 4 teaspoons apple juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Combine the dressing ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until ready to serve. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Hawaiian Chicken Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p47
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hawaiian Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review