My mom signed me up for cooking classes when I was in seventh grade. I've been hooked ever since! I only used fresh ingredients in this salad, which combines a number of tropical flavors.—Bob Wedemeyer, Lynnwood, Washington
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (16 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup salted cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 4 teaspoons apple juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Combine the dressing ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until ready to serve. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Hawaiian Chicken Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p47
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hawaiian Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 13, 2016
"Absolute favourite recipe. So refreshing for summer."