Hawaiian Chicken Macaroni Salad
“I usually make this the night before out of left-over chicken,” says Margie Dearth of Freemont, Wisconsin. The sweet pineapples complement the crisp celery, green beans and almonds in this flavorful, well-dressed salad.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1-1/2 teaspoons juice; set juice aside. In
- a small bowl, combine the pineapple, macaroni, chicken, celery,
- green beans and almonds.
- Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, salt and reserved pineapple juice.
- Pour over salad; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 343 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 585 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.