Hawaiian Cheesecake Recipe
A TASTE of the tropics is as close as your kitchen, thanks to the delectable dessert here! To complement Michele Crawford's exotic party projects, CT's cooks baked a creamy cheesecake on a coconut crust. Then they covered their confection with a homemade pineapple sauce for fresh fruit flavor. A colorful edible orchid tops off this tempting treat that's a breeze to prepare. Just follow the recipe below!
- 1-3/4 cups flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- PINEAPPLE SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- Fresh mint and edible orchids for garnish, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in sour cream and vanilla until blended. Pour filling onto crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set (top of cheesecake may crack). Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For sauce, combine the sugar and cornstarch in a large saucepan. Stir in the pineapple. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add food coloring if desired. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Spread pineapple sauce over cheesecake. Garnish with mint and orchids if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Hawaiian Cheesecake in Country Woman May/June 2003, p52
Reviews for Hawaiian Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2010
"Easy to make and everyone lived it! My first cheesecake, and it turned out delicious."
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2008
"Even though my cheesecake wasn't quite done in my opinion, I heard so much ranting and raving over how extremely good it was!"