- 1 loaf (1 pound) Hawaiian sweet bread
- 1 block (8 ounces) Swiss cheese
- 3 slices red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut bread diagonally into 1-in. slices to within 1 in. of bottom. Repeat cuts in opposite direction. Cut Swiss cheese into 1/4-in. slices; cut slices into small pieces. Insert into bread. Combine the onion, butter, garlic and salt; spoon over bread.
- Wrap loaf in foil. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Hawaiian Cheese Bread
"Made this last night for the Super Bowl. It was pretty good. If I made it again, I would puree the onions, or mince them. I didn't care for the diced pieces of onion on it."
"Everyone loved this at my party! It went fast and is fun to look at."
"This bread received raves at the moms' night out I brought it to. Everyone loved it. It definitely has earned a place at my family's all-appetizer Christmas Eve dinner this year."
"Check your grocery store deli for this bread sold under King's Hawaiian bread. It comes in dinner rolls, round loaf and sandwich buns. It's a sweet bread and it does not have cheese in the bread. "
"We buy King's Hawaiian bread here. It is usually found in the deli section of your grocery stores. It comes in the round loaf, in dinner rolls and in sandwich buns. There's no cheese in it. It's just a sweet bread."