Hawaiian Cheese Bread Recipe
"This bread is absolutely delicious," promises Amy McIlvain in Wilmington, Delaware. "My mother’s friend brought it to a party at work, and after one bite, Mom knew she had to have the recipe. With constant nagging, she eventually got it! Simple and fast, this mouthwatering loaf is a hit with everybody and at every kind of function."—Amy McIlvain, Wilmington, Delaware
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1 loaf (1 pound) Hawaiian sweet bread
- 1 block (8 ounces) Swiss cheese
- 3 slices red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cut bread diagonally into 1-in. slices to within 1 in. of bottom. Repeat cuts in opposite direction. Cut Swiss cheese into 1/4-in. slices; cut slices into small pieces. Insert into bread. Combine the onion, butter, garlic and salt; spoon over bread.
- 2. Wrap loaf in foil. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving equals 199 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC