Hawaiian Cake Recipe
Estella Traeger of Milwaukee, Wisconsin dresses up a boxed yellow cake mix with pineapple, coconut and a delightful blend of instant pudding, cream cheese and whipped topping. "This is a favorite dessert that suits any occasion. Try it once and you're sure to make it again," she promises.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:16-20 servings
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cake tests done; cool completely.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine milk and pudding mixes; beat in cream cheese until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cooled cake. Top with the pineapple, cherries, coconut and walnuts. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16-20 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC