Breakfast is our favorite meal, and we love a good variety of dishes. This hash brown recipe is full of flavor and possibilities. Top with some eggs or spinach for an extra twist! —Courtney Stultz, Weir, Kansas
Recommended: 30 Better-for-You Breakfasts
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola or coconut oil
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple (1/2-inch cubes)
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings.
- In same pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add potatoes and seasonings; cook and stir 15 minutes. Add pineapple; cook and stir until potatoes are tender and browned, 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hawaiian Breakfast Hash in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2017, p70
Reviews for Hawaiian Breakfast Hash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review