Hawaiian Breakfast Cups
In Hawaii, this dish is called Hua Moa Pua’a lpu, meaning flower, cup and egg. This sweet and savory ham cup has a nice surprise inside with just a touch of mild salsa and sharp cheddar cheese.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 6 thin slices deli ham
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons mild salsa
- 6 canned pineapple slices
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- Line six greased 8-oz. ramekins with ham. Layer each with cheese,
- salsa and pineapple. Crack an egg into the center of each cup;
- sprinkle with seasoning blend.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes
- or until egg whites are completely set and yolks are still soft.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 breakfast cup equals 131 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 226 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1/2 starch.