In Hawaii, this dish is called Hua Moa Pua’a lpu, meaning flower, cup and egg. This sweet and savory ham cup has a nice surprise inside with just a touch of mild salsa and sharp cheddar cheese.
- 6 thin slices deli ham
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons mild salsa
- 6 canned pineapple slices
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- Line six greased 8-oz. ramekins with ham. Layer each with cheese, salsa and pineapple. Crack an egg into the center of each cup; sprinkle with seasoning blend.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until egg whites are completely set and yolks are still soft. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hawaiian Breakfast Cups in Country June/July 2010, p52
Reviews for Hawaiian Breakfast Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review