- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil;
- using long-handled tongs, coat grill rack lightly.
- Grill patties, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5
- minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and
- juices run clear.
- Grill buns, uncovered, 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Serve burgers on
- buns with spinach, remaining pineapple, bacon and jalapeno peppers
- if desired.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: If miniature whole wheat buns are not available in your area, you can also use whole wheat hot dog buns cut into thirds.
Nutritional Facts: 3 sliders (calculated without peppers) equals 350 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 444 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011
, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now