Hawaiian Beef Dish Recipe
THIS elegant dish has been in my family since I was a little girl and when presented to guests, brings rave reviews. It was created by my Dad, who still enjoys experimenting in the kitchen. Sometimes I prepare it the day before and warm it up while I'm cooking the rice.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the onion, celery, green pepper and garlic in butter for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Add enough water to the juice to measure 1/2 cup. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, vinegar, salt and pineapple juice mixture until smooth. Add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir in beef and pineapple; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 515 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC