Hawaiian Barbecue Beans Recipe
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the beans, pineapple, barbecue sauce and ginger. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Stir in bacon before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup: 286 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 981mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 9g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Hawaiian Barbecue Beans
"Hi Delta Dawn, this was tested with Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce."
"Just a question...what brand and type of barbecue sauce was used for this recipe? Sounds interesting and I'd like to try it. Very often the choice of sauce can make the difference in whether the dish is fab or disaster. Please advise...."
"I honestly don't know how this recipe was award-winning. I didn't care for them very much at all. The flavors just didn't seem to go together, in my opinion."
"This is a real keeper! Went over great at a group potluck...had several friends asking for the recipe."
"Wow! This was very good. Nice alternative to traditional baked beans. Will definitely do again."