Hawaiian Barbecue Beans Recipe
The ingredient list is short, but it’s creative. Guests rave and wonder about the unique flavor—fresh ginger is the tasty surprise. It’s a hit at every barbecue. —Helen Reynolds, Quincy, California
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the beans, pineapple, barbecue sauce and ginger. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Stir in bacon before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 286 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 981 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Hawaiian Barbecue Beans
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC