The ingredient list is short, but it’s creative. Guests rave and wonder about the unique flavor—fresh ginger is the tasty surprise. It’s a hit at every barbecue. —Helen Reynolds, Quincy, California
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the beans, pineapple, barbecue sauce and ginger. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Stir in bacon before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Hawaiian Barbecue Beans in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p31
Reviews for Hawaiian Barbecue Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review