- 4 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the beans, pineapple, barbecue sauce and ginger. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Stir in bacon before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Hawaiian Barbecue Beans
Sort By :
Hi Delta Dawn, this was tested with Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce.
Just a question...what brand and type of barbecue sauce was used for this recipe? Sounds interesting and I'd like to try it. Very often the choice of sauce can make the difference in whether the dish is fab or disaster. Please advise....
I honestly don't know how this recipe was award-winning. I didn't care for them very much at all. The flavors just didn't seem to go together, in my opinion.
This is a real keeper! Went over great at a group potluck...had several friends asking for the recipe.
Wow! This was very good. Nice alternative to traditional baked beans. Will definitely do again.
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >
- Slow Cooker BBQ >
- Slow Cooker Beans >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >