Hawaiian Banana Bread
Put a tropical spin on a classic quick bread. Macadamia nuts and ginger give Hawaiian flair to a loaf of banana bread. Fresh from the oven, it's sure to be a winning choice for breakfast, dessert or as a snack.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 to 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons candied or crystallized ginger, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and
- fluffy. Add eggs, beating well after each addition. Stir in bananas
- and sour cream. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and
- salt. Stir into banana mixture just until moistened. Fold in nuts
- and ginger if desired.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for
- 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack
- to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.