- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 to 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons candied or crystallized ginger, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating well after each addition. Stir in bananas and sour cream. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir into banana mixture just until moistened. Fold in nuts and ginger if desired.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Hawaiian Banana Bread
"This bread was delicious. Unfortunately I ate almost half of it before I finally wrapped it up for my family. I did have a little trouble getting it to cook all the way through the middle. I think I ended up cooking it for 65 min. Now I hope my family gets to eat the rest of it this morning."