Put a tropical spin on a classic quick bread. Macadamia nuts and ginger give Hawaiian flair to a loaf of banana bread. Fresh from the oven, it's sure to be a winning choice for breakfast, dessert or as a snack.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 to 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons candied or crystallized ginger, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating well after each addition. Stir in bananas and sour cream. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir into banana mixture just until moistened. Fold in nuts and ginger if desired.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Hawaiian Banana Bread in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p19
Reviews for Hawaiian Banana Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review