Charlene Laper of Lakeview, Michigan made Hawaiian Baked Beans to serve at her daughter's wedding reception. Charlene reports, "They were a real hit with the guests."
- 4 jars (48 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups chopped onion
- 1 package (2 pounds) dark brown sugar
- 2 pounds cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 bottle (28 ounces) ketchup
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- In several large bowls, combine all the ingredients. Divide among four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans.
- Cover tightly; bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover and bake 20-30 minutes more or until bubbly. Yield: 80-100 servings.
Originally published as Hawaiian Baked Beans in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p54
Reviews for Hawaiian Baked Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review