Sweet meets savory in this fun twist on the typical breakfast casserole. It's great for parties and potlucks because you can make it the night before.
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon (about 14 slices)
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 package (12 ounces) Hawaiian sweet rolls, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed french-fried onions
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce and mustard until blended. Stir in cheeses, bacon, ham and pineapple. Gently stir in cubed rolls. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, sprinkling with onions halfway through baking. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Hawaiian Bacon & Pineapple Breakfast Bake in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2014, p29
Reviews for Hawaiian Bacon & Pineapple Breakfast Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review