Have a Heart Cupcakes Recipe
Every now and then we all need a little love! Bake up a dozen of these little cakes as a thank-you gift or for Valentine's Day. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. YIELD:1 servings
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Aqua blue food coloring or coloring of your choice
- Cupcakes of your choice
- Red shoestring licorice, cut into 3-inch pieces
- Aqua blue colored sugar or color of your choice
- 1. Tint 3 tablespoons icing with food coloring; set aside. Frost cupcakes.
- 2. Using a toothpick, draw a heart into the icing. Following the pattern, gently press licorice into frosting to form heart.
- 3. Fill heart with colored sugar. Pipe colored icing onto curved ends of licorice to hold in place.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC