Havarti Turkey Hero Recipe
- 1/3 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 2 ounces thinly sliced Havarti cheese
- 1 medium Red Delicious apple, cored and cut into thin rings
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the chutney, mayonnaise, peanuts and cayenne; spread evenly over the cut side of bread bottom. Layer with turkey, lettuce, cheese and apple. Replace bread top. Cut into eight slices. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 302 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 973 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Havarti Turkey Hero
"This is such a great way to spice up a classic! The peanuts-chutney combination was new to me, but I liked it--and Havarti cheese on sandwiches is always a winner for me. "
"This was really good! I didn't have french bread so I just toasted regular bread and it still tasted great!"