This is not your ordinary sandwich! Agnes Ward of Stratford, Ontario writes, “everyone likes the combination of chutney and chopped peanuts. I like to make this when I have company in the afternoon or at night after a game of cards.”
- 1/3 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 2 ounces thinly sliced Havarti cheese
- 1 medium Red Delicious apple, cored and cut into thin rings
- In a small bowl, combine the chutney, mayonnaise, peanuts and cayenne; spread evenly over the cut side of bread bottom. Layer with turkey, lettuce, cheese and apple. Replace bread top. Cut into eight slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Havarti Turkey Hero in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p12
Reviews for Havarti Turkey Hero
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2011
"This is such a great way to spice up a classic! The peanuts-chutney combination was new to me, but I liked it--and Havarti cheese on sandwiches is always a winner for me. "