Havarti Shrimp Quesadillas Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 6 ounces Havarti cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil and butter until tender.
- 2. Spread 1 tablespoon preserves over half of each tortilla; top with cheese, shrimp and mushrooms. Fold tortillas over. Brush both sides with melted butter.
- 3. Grill quesadillas, uncovered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut each quesadilla into four wedges. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 123 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Havarti Shrimp Quesadillas
"My family did not like these. Recipe easy but not desired flavor."
"These were awesome! Didn't have any havarti so we used gruyere instead."
"Creamy Havarti complements the subtle flavor of shrimp beautifully in this recipe--it's the perfect cheese to use without overwhelming the other ingredients. "
"These were super easy to make and absolutely great tasting! The only downside we had to making them was to flip them on the grill was a little difficult because some of your ingredients may fall out."
"I also agree that some seasoning is necessary. I think next time I will add some cumin and maybe a dash of cayenne. Good base ingredients though!"
"needs more spice, maybe chili powder, taco seasoning, we added taco sauce at the table."
"These quesadillas are very tasty! My mom says they are the best she has ever had."
"The family loves it. They say they'd prefer it to pizza any day. wow!"
"The flavors were great together. I added raw, chopped shrimp the my sauteing mushrooms and cooked until done. This made them very tender."