- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 6 ounces Havarti cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil and butter until tender.
- Spread 1 tablespoon preserves over half of each tortilla; top with cheese, shrimp and mushrooms. Fold tortillas over. Brush both sides with melted butter.
- Grill quesadillas, uncovered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut each quesadilla into four wedges. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Havarti Shrimp Quesadillas
Sort By :
"Creamy Havarti complements the subtle flavor of shrimp beautifully in this recipe--it's the perfect cheese to use without overwhelming the other ingredients. "
"These were super easy to make and absolutely great tasting! The only downside we had to making them was to flip them on the grill was a little difficult because some of your ingredients may fall out."
"I also agree that some seasoning is necessary. I think next time I will add some cumin and maybe a dash of cayenne. Good base ingredients though!"
"I agree with some of the other reviewers that I would most definitely add a little spice to the dish. Maybe chili powder or cumin. I also like the idea of cooking the shrimp with the mushrooms. Excellent idea!"
"needs more spice, maybe chili powder, taco seasoning, we added taco sauce at the table."