- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 6 ounces Havarti cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil and butter until tender.
- Spread 1 tablespoon preserves over half of each tortilla; top with cheese, shrimp and mushrooms. Fold tortillas over. Brush both sides with melted butter.
- Grill quesadillas, uncovered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut each quesadilla into four wedges. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Havarti Shrimp Quesadillas
Sort By :
"Creamy Havarti complements the subtle flavor of shrimp beautifully in this recipe--it's the perfect cheese to use without overwhelming the other ingredients. "
"These were super easy to make and absolutely great tasting! The only downside we had to making them was to flip them on the grill was a little difficult because some of your ingredients may fall out."
"I also agree that some seasoning is necessary. I think next time I will add some cumin and maybe a dash of cayenne. Good base ingredients though!"
"needs more spice, maybe chili powder, taco seasoning, we added taco sauce at the table."
"These quesadillas are very tasty! My mom says they are the best she has ever had."