Haunting Hot Chocolate
I serve mugs of this quick-to-fix hot cocoa outside when the kids in our neighborhood go trick-or-treating for Halloween. It's a nice change of pace from traditional candy. Suzanne McKinley
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 3 cups boiling water
- In a saucepan, combine the milk powder, sugar, cocoa, cinnamon and
- salt. Add boiling water stir until milk powder is dissolved. Yield:
- 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 106 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat-free milk, 1/2 fruit.