Haunted Potpie Recipe
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 slices rye bread
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place bread in a food processor, cover and process to make crumbs; sprinkle over chicken mixture. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Meanwhile, on a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry sheet. Using a small floured ghost-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 12 ghosts. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Remove potpie from the oven; set aside and keep warm. Bake ghosts at 400° for 10 minutes or until puffy and golden brown. Place on top of potpie; serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Haunted Potpie(3)
Sort By :
The hardest part of this recipe was trying to decide which type of frozen mixed vegetables I wanted to use.
I'm in Canada, and found it hard to find sheets of puff pastry to use (maybe it's just my grocery store), so I substituted some Pillsbury Biscuits instead. My husband and I loved it!
My family really liked this recipe. I didn't make the ghosts but just baked the pastry then cut into squares and using one square on the bottom, a layer of baked chicken mixture, and then a square on top. It was the perfect meal to serve on a rainy cold autumn night. Will make again.
It's good and hearty and is super easy to make.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Casseroles >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pot Pie >
- Chicken Pot Pie Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >