Haunted Cookie Mansion Recipe
- 2 tubes (16-1/2 ounces each) refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough, softened
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Patterns in "Crafts" archive on Country Woman Web site
- ICING AND ASSEMBLY:
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Orange paste food coloring
- Pastry tipsround tips #4 and #2
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 oval cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 2 pretzel rods
- 1 yellow Fruit Roll-Up
- 3 pretzel sticks
- Candy corn, additional pretzels sticks and oval cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (whole and crushed)
- I a large bowl, cookie dough and flour. Press into two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely before carefully removing to wire racks.
- Trace full patterns onto waxed paper; cut out. Arrange patterns over cookies. With a sharp knife, cut out pieces. Score and cut out a door and windows as desired; set cutouts and cookie scraps aside.
- To make icing: In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, meringue powder and cream of tartar. Add water and vanilla. Beat on low speed for 1 minute; beat on high for 4-5 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Set aside 1 cup. Tint remaining icing orange. Cover icing between uses.
- To assemble: Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert round tip #4. Fill bag with white icing; pipe along sides of front and one side section. Position at right angles to each other on a covered board. Press into place; prop with cans.
- Pipe icing along inside edge for added stability. Repeat with second side piece and back; let dry. Pipe icing along top edge of house. Position one roof piece; repeat. Pipe icing along top edge of roof pieces.
- For turret, pipe icing along sides of front and side section. Position at right angles to each other; repeat with back section. Press into place. Pipe icing along top edge of turret. Position one roof piece; repeat. Let dry.
- To make tombstones: In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cut cookies in half widthwise; dip each half into chocolate. Let excess drip off and place on waxed paper; let stand for 15 minutes or until set. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert round tip #2. Fill bag with icing; decorate tombstones as desired.
- Finishing touches: Attach reserved door cutout to house front with icing. Top with a reserved window cutout; attach pretzel rods with icing for support beams. For caution tape, cut two 6-in.-long strips from fruit roll-up; attach across front of house.
- Cut remaining window pieces in half. For "Beware" sign, decorate a window piece with icing; attach pretzel sticks. Let dry. Attach remaining window pieces for shutters.
- Melt remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag; insert tip #4. Fill bag with melted chocolate. Pipe over white icing; pull down chocolate with a toothpick.
- Using orange icing, attach candy corn to roof. Decorate covered board as desired with crushed cookies, tombstones, sign, additional cookies and pretzel sticks. Yield: 1 mansion.
Reviews for Haunted Cookie Mansion(3)
Sort By :
Thanks for alerting us! We found and have fixed the problem. Just click on the link at the bottom of the recipe for access to the pattern. Taste of Home Test Kitchen
what a shame that you don't give the actual web address for the pattern. I typed country woman in my browser and get a soap company.
cool i love it
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Frosting Recipes >
- Chocolate Icing Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cookie Frosting >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Frosting Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >