Haunted Antipasto Salad Recipe
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 10 cups torn romaine
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 jar (8 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and julienned
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 10 slices thinly sliced hard salami, julienned
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1. Using a 4-in. ghost-shaped cutter, cut one ghost from each slice of cheese. (Reserve remaining cheese for another use.)
- 2. In a large bowl, combine vegetables, salami and olives; toss to combine. Just before serving, drizzle with salad dressing and toss to coat. Transfer to serving plates; top with ghosts. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving: 214 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 847mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Haunted Antipasto Salad
"I love serving this salad with an Italian inspired menu. I didn't spookify each serving with the ghost shaped cheese, but it's a cute idea for Halloween."