Haunted Antipasto Salad Recipe
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 10 cups torn romaine
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 jar (8 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and julienned
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 10 slices thinly sliced hard salami, julienned
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1. Using a 4-in. ghost-shaped cutter, cut one ghost from each slice of cheese. (Reserve remaining cheese for another use.)
- 2. In a large bowl, combine vegetables, salami and olives; toss to combine. Just before serving, drizzle with salad dressing and toss to coat. Transfer to serving plates; top with ghosts. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving equals 214 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 847 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Haunted Antipasto Salad
"I love serving this salad with an Italian inspired menu. I didn't spookify each serving with the ghost shaped cheese, but it's a cute idea for Halloween."