Hash Brown Supreme
“This is a great way to use up leftover fresh vegetables. In addition to the potatoes, use whatever you have on hand to make this recipe bright. We like to serve it with a garnish of sour cream.” —Jennifer Bistline, Confluence, PA
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and pepper
- in oil until tender. Add hash browns; cook over medium heat for 8-10
- minutes or until potatoes are browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the tomato, cheese, olives, jalapeno, seasoned salt and
- pepper. Cover and cook for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with chives; cut into wedges.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 wedge equals 142 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium,