- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and pepper in oil until tender. Add hash browns; cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the tomato, cheese, olives, jalapeno, seasoned salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chives; cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Hash Brown Supreme
"I made this for Sunday breakfast and, although it was very good flavor-wise, it didn't turn out the way I anticipated. It says cut into wedges?? This is stirred and stirred there are no wedges I just scooped servings out of the skillet. But! I discovered, if you let it sit a while the cheese ends up binding the mixture albeit cold."
"i really enjoyed this recipe aside from all the chopping. very good w/ eggs and turkey bacon"
"I liked this recipe, but my boyfriend especially liked this recipe. Going forward, I might try to use a little more oil to make the hash browns a bit crispier. They weren't bad, but they got a little soggy from being mixed in with the vegetables."