“This is a great way to use up leftover fresh vegetables. In addition to the potatoes, use whatever you have on hand to make this recipe bright. We like to serve it with a garnish of sour cream.” —Jennifer Bistline, Confluence, PA
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and pepper in oil until tender. Add hash browns; cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the tomato, cheese, olives, jalapeno, seasoned salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chives; cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hash Brown Supreme in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010, p35
Reviews for Hash Brown Supreme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review