Hash Brown Sausage Bake Recipe
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 slices process American cheese, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, butter and bouillon. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the sausage mixture, cottage cheese, eggs and American cheese.
- 3. Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 338 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 134 mg cholesterol, 704 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Hash Brown Sausage Bake
"VERY VERY VERY good!! Easy to make and yummy!! Leftovers for a dinner during the week!"
"This is the best breakfast casserole! And the previous review is so right, that it's good cold too! My husband loves it in his lunch the next day. Have made this several times throughout the years and my family loves it!!!"
"I have made this recipe so many times I almost have it memorized. Going to make it for Christmas Day to share with my husband's family for breakfast. YUM!!"
"I made this for Christmas and it has become our favorite casserole! This is great anytime of day, not just breakfast. The only change I made is I swapped out the American cheese for mild cheddar."
"This takes a little time to make, but it is so worth it. It's easy and delicious. Great to bring to a brunch."
"Loved this ...but I think I will ad additional items like peppers and tomatoes next time I make it"
"This recipe is awesome, one of my familys favorites. We like it with zesty sausage"
"This was great hot, at room temperature, and reheated the next day. Super recipe. I will be making this again!"
"I kicked up the spice a bit was some spicy sausage...was good."
"We LOVE this recipe! I make it without the onions because I don't like them and I cook it in an oval pyrex. It's our special occasion breakfast since it takes a while to make but it's worth every minute!"