Hash Brown Sausage Bake Recipe
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 slices process American cheese, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, butter and bouillon. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the sausage mixture, cottage cheese, eggs and American cheese.
- 3. Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 338 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 704mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein .
Reviews for Hash Brown Sausage Bake
"VERY VERY VERY good!! Easy to make and yummy!! Leftovers for a dinner during the week!"
"This is the best breakfast casserole! And the previous review is so right, that it's good cold too! My husband loves it in his lunch the next day. Have made this several times throughout the years and my family loves it!!!"
"This takes a little time to make, but it is so worth it. It's easy and delicious. Great to bring to a brunch."
"Loved this ...but I think I will ad additional items like peppers and tomatoes next time I make it"
"This recipe is awesome, one of my familys favorites. We like it with zesty sausage"
"This was great hot, at room temperature, and reheated the next day. Super recipe. I will be making this again!"
"I kicked up the spice a bit was some spicy sausage...was good."
"We LOVE this recipe! I make it without the onions because I don't like them and I cook it in an oval pyrex. It's our special occasion breakfast since it takes a while to make but it's worth every minute!"