“This is one of my son’s favorites,” Vicky Dempsey says from Louisville, Mississippi. Buttered hash browns form a mouthwatering crust for yummy filling of sausage and cheese. It’s sure to please at breakfast, brunch or even lunch.
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 slices process American cheese, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, butter and bouillon. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the sausage mixture, cottage cheese, eggs and American cheese.
- Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Hash Brown Sausage Bake in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p16
Reviews for Hash Brown Sausage Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review