- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 slices process American cheese, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, butter and bouillon. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the sausage mixture, cottage cheese, eggs and American cheese.
- Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Hash Brown Sausage Bake
Sort By :
"VERY VERY VERY good!! Easy to make and yummy!! Leftovers for a dinner during the week!"
"This is the best breakfast casserole! And the previous review is so right, that it's good cold too! My husband loves it in his lunch the next day. Have made this several times throughout the years and my family loves it!!!"
"I have made this recipe so many times I almost have it memorized. Going to make it for Christmas Day to share with my husband's family for breakfast. YUM!!"
"I made this for Christmas and it has become our favorite casserole! This is great anytime of day, not just breakfast. The only change I made is I swapped out the American cheese for mild cheddar."
"This takes a little time to make, but it is so worth it. It's easy and delicious. Great to bring to a brunch."