Hash Brown Reubens Recipe
If you love Reubens, you'll enjoy this twist on the classic sandwich made with frozen hash brown patties. I came up with the recipe because a member of our family has a sensitivity to bread. Now I wouldn't think of making a Reuben any other way!—Alice Stanwix, Honeoye, New York
- 2 frozen hash brown patties
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 thick slices corned beef
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweetened cinnamon applesauce
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. Place hash brown patties in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Spread each with butter; top with corned beef. In a bowl, combine the sauerkraut, brown sugar and applesauce; spoon over the corned beef.
- 2. Top with salad dressing and Swiss cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 353 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 923 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Hash Brown Reubens
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC