Hash Brown Quiche Recipe
- 3 cups frozen loose-pack shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Press hash browns between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes.
- Combine the ham, cheese and green pepper; spoon over crust. In a small bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over all. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Hash Brown Quiche
Sort By :
"I added some mushroom, chopped red onions, bacon and swiss cheese, and it turned out great. I'll be making it again over the Hoildays for brunch."
"I make this often. I like to use thawed tater tots that I break up and push into a crust. It makes the quiche extra good, and adds a little more flavor to the crust."
"I have been making this for many years, since the year it came out,18 years , maybe? I have baked off the hash brown crusts the night before also have subbed bacon but sometimes omit the peppers due to family tastes. Our camping club use to love it, right next to crockpot oatmeal."
"This was pretty good. I used bacon since that's what we had, added mushrooms and used red pepper since I don't like green peppers. I also used 4 eggs as other reviewers mentioned, but if I use more eggs next time I'll also make a thicker hash brown crust...it kind of got lost with the extra eggs. All-in-all a good recipe that I will make again."
"I've been making this for 15 years and it's always a sure hit! I always end up wishing I'd doubled the recipe and made it in a bigger pan, because I can never stop eating it!"