Hash Brown Quiche Recipe
We love to have guests stay with us, and this is a great dish to serve for breakfast. To save time in the morning, I sometimes make the hash brown crust and chop the ham, cheese and peppers the night before. As a teacher and farm wife, I'm always looking for easy recipes like this one. —Jan Peters, Chandler, Minnesota
- 3 cups frozen loose-pack shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Press hash browns between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes.
- 2. Combine the ham, cheese and green pepper; spoon over crust. In a small bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over all. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 263 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 747 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Hash Brown Quiche
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC