Frozen hash browns pare down prep time for this quick mayonnaise potato salad from Myra Innes of Auburn, Kansas. "It's so easy to make in a hurry because you don't have to peel any potatoes," she notes.
- 1 quart water
- 2 to 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Add the hash browns; cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain thoroughly. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl; add hash browns and stir gently. Cover and chill until serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Hash Brown Potato Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p14
Reviews for Hash Brown Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review