Frozen hash browns pare down prep time for this quick mayonnaise potato salad from Myra Innes of Auburn, Kansas. "It's so easy to make in a hurry because you don't have to peel any potatoes," she notes.
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
- 1 quart water
- 2 to 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Add the hash browns; cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain thoroughly. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl; add hash browns and stir gently. Cover and chill until serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Hash Brown Potato Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p14
Reviews for Hash Brown Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2009
"I found them at Jewel/Albertson's. Both Ore-Ida and the Jewel brand."
Reviewed May. 22, 2009
"Where are you finding frozen hash browns (without seasoning)? None of our grocery stores (4 different big names) are carrying them anymore."