Hash Brown Pork Skillet Recipe
- 4 cups frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the potatoes, onion and green pepper in butter over medium heat until almost tender. Stir in the pork, bouillon and pepper; heat through.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth; add to skillet. Cook on medium-low heat for 4-5 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Hash Brown Pork Skillet(5)
Sort By :
This was so good and so easy! I used Jimmy Dean Maple sausage since I didn't have any pork and used dehydrated green peppers. I know we will be making this again as it is a great recipe!
Very good flavor. I used breakfast sausage instead of cubed pork, and usually omit the cheese, but good either way!
This was really good. A great way to use up leftover pork and I always seem to have a partial bag of frozen potatos. I halved the recipe to try it and it was perfect as written.
I used pork sausage for this recipe. Was great.
I couldn't believe how good this was with so little effort. I omitted the green pepper for my family but the flavor did not suffer. Great recipe.