- 4 cups frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the potatoes, onion and green pepper in butter over medium heat until almost tender. Stir in the pork, bouillon and pepper; heat through.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth; add to skillet. Cook on medium-low heat for 4-5 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Hash Brown Pork Skillet
Sort By :
"This was so good and so easy! I used Jimmy Dean Maple sausage since I didn't have any pork and used dehydrated green peppers. I know we will be making this again as it is a great recipe!"
"Very good flavor. I used breakfast sausage instead of cubed pork, and usually omit the cheese, but good either way!"
"This was really good. A great way to use up leftover pork and I always seem to have a partial bag of frozen potatos. I halved the recipe to try it and it was perfect as written."
"I used pork sausage for this recipe. Was great."
"I couldn't believe how good this was with so little effort. I omitted the green pepper for my family but the flavor did not suffer. Great recipe."