Hash Brown Pork Bake
This main dish is a comforting family-style casserole made with convenient frozen hash browns.Darlis A Wilfer, West Bend, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream and soup. Stir in the hash
- browns, pork, process cheese and onion. Transfer to a greased 3-qt.
- baking dish.
- Toss cornflake crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered,
- at 350° for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10
- minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 721 calories, 43 g fat (26 g saturated fat), 150 mg cholesterol, 1,371 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein.