- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream and soup. Stir in the hash browns, pork, process cheese and onion. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- Toss cornflake crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Hash Brown Pork Bake
Sort By :
"I make a slightly smaller version. I use 1 c light sour cream, 1 can soup, 16 oz hash browns, 2 c pork, 8 oz Velveeta, 1/8 c onion. I sprinkle fine plain cornflake crumbs over the top [I don't measure them], skipping the butter and Mozzarella. I have used 1 1/2 c shredded Cheddar for the Velveeta. I use leftovers from a roasted pork loin."
"I have made this recipe a few times, and my Husband gobbles it down everytime, and doesn't mind taking the leftovers to work!"
"Yummy! My picky family really liked this. I melted the processed cheese before adding it to the soup and sour cream. Next time I think I will try using mexican processed cheese."
"This recipe is going to stop your heart. With 43 g fat (26 g saturated fat) per serving, how much is one serving? 1 Cup, 1/2 cup, 3/4 cup ect?"
"Didn't make this, just wanted to point out there's 1371 mgs of sodium to one serving. That can't be good."