There are so many different ways to make pizza. But when I saw this version with a hash brown crust, I knew I had stumbled upon a one-of-a-kind winner. Taste for yourself!—Alana Squair, Kinsella, Alberta
- 1 package (26 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Press firmly into a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in flour until blended. Add soup, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Sprinkle crust with 1 cup cheese. Top with beef mixture and remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5-10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Hash Brown Pizza in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p276
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Hash Brown Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review