Hash Brown Pancetta Casserole Recipe
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces sliced pancetta or bacon, finely chopped
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Freshly ground pepper and additional fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the spinach, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- In another skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the hash browns, spinach mixture and pancetta. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, 1/2 cup fontina cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and nutmeg; pour over casserole. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. If desired, sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and garnish with additional parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Hash Brown Pancetta Casserole(6)
Sort By :
Thought I would try something different, I am glad I did!
Looks delicious. Will be trying this for our Easter brunch.
I ran the recipe thru a recipe calculator found at: http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php?process=resubmit&count=22
and this is what I came up with for stats: calorie=281 fat=19.7g carbs=7.7g fiber=1.3 protein= 18.8g
Tasty recipe to make. I used bacon. I'm not sure if the calorie count could be correct with the specific ingredients but the dish received thumbs up around my table!
TOH: Are you sure about the calorie count on this? 291 calories for each of 8 servings sounds low for these ingredients.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Low Carb Breakfast Recipes >