On weekends when I was growing up, waffles, salmon and bagels were our brunch staples. I’ve combined the concepts and use whipped cream instead of cream cheese. —Arlene Erlbach, Morton Grove, Illinois
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/8 teaspoons dill weed, divided
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (3 to 4 ounces) smoked salmon or lox
- Beat heavy whipping cream and 1 teaspoon dill on high until stiff peaks form. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. Stir together potatoes, eggs, chives and salt until well combined. Grease griddle. Drop potato mixture by heaping 1/2 cupfuls onto griddle; flatten to 1/2-inch thick. Cook until bottoms are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Keep warm.
- To serve, place salmon slices on pancakes. Top with whipped cream; sprinkle with remaining dill. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hash Brown Pancakes with Smoked Salmon & Dill Cream in Taste of Home December 2016
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Hash Brown Pancakes with Smoked Salmon & Dill Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review