Hash Brown Omelet Recipe
- 4 bacon strips
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- 2. Add the potatoes, onion and green pepper to drippings. Cook and stir over medium heat for 7-10 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned and vegetables are tender.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into a large non-stick skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- 4. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon potato mixture on one side and sprinkle with cheese and bacon; fold other side over filling. Invert omelet onto a plate to serve. Yield: 2-3 servings.
1 cup: 462 calories, 35g fat (17g saturated fat), 346mg cholesterol, 942mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein .
Reviews for Hash Brown Omelet
"This is filling and very tastey ,I also added some cooked crumbled sausage for more meat . Family loved it ."
"Made this recipe several times. Very easy and great food. Mixed in some onions, green peppers and cheese"
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.