One of my favorite pastimes is cooking. My friends and family have always encouraged me...mainly because they get to sample my "creations". This recipe is a classic that I've been making for years.
- 4 bacon strips
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Add the potatoes, onion and green pepper to drippings. Cook and stir over medium heat for 7-10 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned and vegetables are tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into a large non-stick skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon potato mixture on one side and sprinkle with cheese and bacon; fold other side over filling. Invert omelet onto a plate to serve. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Hash Brown Omelet in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p28
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Hash Brown Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review