My family loves this cheesy ham quiche on Sunday morning after church. I'm a registered nurse, and I got this recipe from the mother of one of my patients. It's delicious for brunch and not hard to prepare.
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Press hash browns between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Grease a 9-in. pie plate with 2 teaspoons butter. Press hash browns onto the bottom and up the sides of plate. Drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are browned.
- Combine cheeses and ham; spoon into the crust. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, cream and seasoned salt; pour over ham.
- Reduce heat to 350°. Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hash Brown Ham Quiche in Country Woman March/April 2000, p31
Reviews for Hash Brown Ham Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review