- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Press hash browns between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Grease a 9-in. pie plate with 2 teaspoons butter. Press hash browns onto the bottom and up the sides of plate. Drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are browned.
- Combine cheeses and ham; spoon into the crust. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, cream and seasoned salt; pour over ham.
- Reduce heat to 350°. Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Hash Brown Ham Quiche
Sort By :
I made this for Sunday breakfast and I and it is soooo good. Pretty easy too. I used Fontina for the Swiss and added chopped chives and a small jar of pimento, upped the eggs to three and used half and half for the cream called for in the recipe - Fabulous flavor!!
Too much cheese and not enough egg for me to think of this as "quiche". But it has potential... if I were to make it again, I'd halve the cheese and add 2 more eggs.
We used a combination of colby jack and fontina along with a sweet onion. Easy to make and a good use for leftover ham.
So easy, gluten-free, and easy to modify. Didn't have heavy cream so I substituted half and half. Used Colby-Jack and Cheddar cheese since that's what I had. Definitely doing again for brunch!
It was ok, it didn't really tickle my taste buds as it stands...It needs something